Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's For Supper?


Remember that line from Hee-Haw? Oh boy, really telling my age now. Anyway, what's for dinner was snow peas fresh from my garden. Yum. Just snow peas and linguine with a touch of alfredo sauce and ground pepper. My husband had chicken with it, but as I am a vegetarian, none for me.

My garden is a tad slow to come in as it gets (just barely) 6 hours of sun a day. I haven't planted much this year since it's still pretty "leafy" from the fall. I'm letting it be since it's doing a very good job of keeping the weeds down. The squash and cucumbers are blooming, but not the tomatoes. Green beans are up.

Oh, and the blueberry bushes are full of green berries. I've covered them with deer fence and am hoping for the best. When I came home today at about 3:30 p.m. a herd of deer rushed away from that corner of the yard!

No comments: