Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bee Balm in Bloom

The bee balm is blooming all around my yard today. This is one aggressive plant, but I don't mind (for now). I bought a plant at the Virginia Native Plant Society's plant sale two springs ago. Today, that plant has sired multiple patches in my front and back yards. The view out of my office door is towards the plant pictured here and it's surrounded by blooming daisies, sundrops, and butterfly weed. Very colorful!

This photo above was taken with my Pentax point-and-shoot camera, which I've been using quite a bit since I dropped my Nikon SLR. I wrapped up the Nikon and sent it to the repair shop in New York about a week ago. It was returned yesterday (!) and I took another picture of the same plant with it.Too dark, but mechanically, the camera appears to be just fine. I'll have to take it out for more of a test run soon.

No comments: